The menu bar at the top of the blog opens a dropdown menu, which gives the following headings and information:
- Introduction. Explanation of how this blog works.
- Stages of the Voyage. A transatlantic voyage with enslaved persons can be divided into several stages. Background information is provided for each stage of the voyage.
- Middelburgse Commercie Compagnie (MCC). Explanation and background information on the MCC, the ship The Unity, navigation, wind and sails, life on board and medical care.
- About this Project. Background information concerning the use of the sources, the MCC archives, UNESCO’s Memory of the World Register, and more.
On the far right in the menu bar are from left to right:
- Search function,
- Link to the Facebook page of the Zeeland Archives (Dutch only),
- Link to Twitter @slavenhandel (Dutch only),
- RSS feed,
- Language choice. Dutch and English.
For background information: the blog was published day by day between October 1, 2013 and March 25, 2015. In order not to miss a day, visitors could subscribe to the Twitter account and use the RSS feed.